Master thesis in Advanced Cell Culture technology (200350)
Unternehmen: Merck KGaAStandort: 64293 Darmstadt
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Tätigkeiten / Anforderungen
specializes in biotechnology, working on developing new cell culture media products which serve to optimize the production of biopharmaceuticals.
The student can come from either a primary biology-based background, willing to learn some chemistry, or vice-versa. The project will focus on testing the functionality of potential new cell culture media components and investigating analytic techniques for quantifying these components in cell culture.
The project will involve the following:
- Culturing cells in suspension, and cryopreservation of cells
- Testing of cellular properties to quantify success of culture conditions
- Preparation of samples for analytic chemical testing
- Spectroscopic analytic measurements
- Data analysis and subsequent independent project planning
The student will receive training in all laboratory techniques, and is expected to have background in the following:
- Accurate recording of scientific methodology and data
- Knowledge of fundamental theory for both organic chemistry and cell biology
- Fluency in German and/or English
- Use of basic Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Students will receive training in giving scientific presentations, and will be given guidance in writing their Master’s thesis (English only). The student should be willing to start January-February 2020, be available for a minimum of 6 months laboratory work and have a valid work permit for working in Germany.
Beginn / DauerBeginn: 01.01.2020
Dauer: 6 Monate
Sonstige Informationen des Unternehmens
KontaktKontaktdaten für dieses Angebot erhalten Sie, wenn Sie sich
in den Bewerberbereich eingeloggt haben!